Thursday, August 4, 2011

To Smooth the World's Edges...

I feel like I am eternally behind this summer. I am behind in reading, writing, blogging, friending, out-of-doors-ing. I'm slacking on leisure time, saying no time and enjoying time. I'm becoming buried and it really is only just beginning. Don't get me wrong, there have definitely been high spots of the summer, but not consistently and not withstanding. I hope to catch-up on at least the blogging time in the near future as I have so much to show and tell of those high points, but in the meantime...enjoy...




What if we rolled our Rs instead of our eyes,
if we gazed at faces instead of screens?

What if we wore our listening ears always (no more taking them off only to put them back on),
if we popped off our sunglasses so our eyes could smile along?

What if we tore away at defenses one disarming compliment at at time,
if we stopped screaming "hurry!" and started whispering "wait"?

What if we stopped looking around for something else, someone else, and simply loved and let ourselves be fascinated by the something, the someone right in front of us?

What if we did all of this?

Wouldn't we together sand at least a few harsh edges off the world?

~courtesy of J.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment