Sunday, October 7, 2012

13.1 Miles

Equals a Half Marathon.....
 And, I didn't run or walk it at all, but this lovely lady did...
 Diane (the one on the right) and her daughter Bronwyn walked the Portland Half Marathon this year after months and months of training. She/They rocked. I told Diane I would come cheer her on. I did. She didn't hear me. I was almost at the finish line. They were finished and just wanted to get the last few yards done...

I did meet up with them in the cool down area...
Somewhere (on Diane's camera) is a picture of the two of us. She looked way better than me and she had been up since the crack of dawn and had walked a half marathon. I have no excuse! :) 

Next year she wants me to join them for the "fun" (read self inflicted torture-I'd rather do a 13.1 mile hike with a stunning view or waterfall as reward)...should I do it? Yes, the marathon, not the hike. Or maybe I'll just do the hike and call it good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment