Saturday, October 13, 2012

Beautiful Fall Colors coupled with Beautiful Friends

My dear friend, Jenny had a bit of a surgical procedure. She was going a little stir-crazy after two weeks at home. She needed to get out of town, so out of town we got. For the day. To Hood River. It was great.

Here we are at Rasmussen Farms. Creepy no-neck pumpkin people in the background.

We stopped at The Gorge White House for a looksy-loo and a wine tasting. I tried a blueberry wine. Different.

After a few fruit stands, pears, apple, cookies, apple cider, laughs we headed back into Hood River, walked around town and went into some of the cute stores and had lunch. While we were waiting for a table I had to take a picture of this amazing color on one of the trees. Pictures never do colors justice. Eh, it is still nice.
 Here are a few of the leaves on the ground. Amazing red. Amazing. The colors that day were phenomenal. Into the gorge and then back around the south east side of Mt Hood and home. 
 Some of my spoils from our trip! 
I'll be returning to Hood River in a few weeks with some other friends and this trip got me just in the mood for it! I love, love, love Hood River. Thanks for the fun time Jenny! I always enjoy spending time with you and the laughter and conversations we have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment