I've always wanted to crochet a prayer shawl. I've looked at patterns, color ideas, etc, etc. I was never "moved" to actually crochet one. Recently, I had a friend from work who has had some struggles, both she directly and close family and friends of hers. One night when I was praying for her I got a strong feeling/message that this might be the best recipient of a prayer shawl. Away I went. I got onto Ravelry (as we've learned before-one of my favorite sites) and when I logged on and typed into the search "shawl" a very fitting pattern popped up as the top on the list. It just seemed to fit this friend. Then I had to figure out a color. I didn't want to ask what her favorite color was, so I just "winged it." I looked back into the Prayer Shawl books of patterns, etc and they had color charts. Black is a symbol of strength and perseverance. It seemed fitting and black goes with almost everything. I got right to work. There was a blessing I read before working on it (all except one time). I crocheted while sitting in silence and while just thinking and I crocheted while listening to my favorite worship songs. My fingers moved fastest when listening to music and I could feel the good energy flowing. It was a really remarkable experience for me and very different than any other crochet project I'd done. It was intentional. I was intentional. I was mindful, prayerful and found it to be powerful for me. I got to give and explain the prayer shawl to my friend, Natalie yesterday. She appreciated it. As did I.
It was long...something like 69 inches long by 20 inches wide (I think- I don't remember the final measurements).
Scalloped edges that I added. "Lacy" pattern.
"God blesses us so that we're able to bless others." ~Unknown

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment