Friday, July 4, 2014

Drums on Fire

After Grand Adventuring with Josie I rested up to drive down to McMinnville for the Drums on Fire Drum Corp Contest. The last time I'd been to a contest was 5 years ago. I went to hear the Oregon Crusaders open their season with a stand alone performance at Pioneer Courthouse Square and decided I'd try to make it to this contest. I grew up going to drum corp contests with my Mom and these performances remind me of my childhood. They make me nostalgic. 

I didn't take many pictures, but did take a few...mainly for the "extra stuff" as I called it when telling my Mom about the set/scenery used. The performances were great and I enjoyed the evening!

Santa Clara Vanguard....



Blue Knights....looking sharp in their uniforms.

All the drum majors at the scoring presentation.

I was disappointed in the stadium and the poles/railings that blocked views, but such is life. It was still enjoyable and the music sounded lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment