In the past I had read somewhere of someone capturing in words the moments of their day that were unphotographable. I experience many of these such moments and have decided I need to be better about recording them in the written word. So, my Unphotographable moment for tonight is about the unseen, but felt love in a room.
As I often write, I am beyond blessed with the wonderful friends in my life and as we age, I've become blessed with the children of these friends being a part of my life. I am writing this tonight (7/29), but will wait to post it until I've filled in a few more posts that I am behind on chronologically.
This evening I made my usual Tuesday trek to Stasia and Dave's home for my ritual weekly visit. I am blessed by this family of five that embrace me as one of their own. This Tuesday was different as Dave wasn't leaving for his usual Tuesday meetings, so Stasia and I would sneak out once the kids were in bed. There was the usual wind down to bedtime routine. Snack time, reading time, teeth brushing time, dancing time. I started dancing with Josie and Myles months ago and my heart is happy each time I pick Josie up and she triumphantly says "hand" with her hand up as that is how I taught her way back when so we could "dance" in a slow dance position. Stasia got a video once I think-I should inquire. We always sing our own song, either "Jesus Loves Me" or "The ABC Song" with varying volumes and lengths of squeals of delight and looks of pure joy...from Miss Stephanie and whichever child is in my arms. As I struggle with keeping Myles in my arms and on my hip I can't help but wonder when the wee little one that he was grew into the lanky-almost-Kindergartener that he is now. That I suppose is one unphotographable moment, but not necessarily the one that touched me most that evening...
Because this was an out of the ordinary evening with Dad being home, we all (kids as airplanes in my arms) made our way to their room for the in-the-room bedtime routine. Three adults to two kids. There were hugs, and evening prayers and kisses and then there was one or two 'just one more hug' requests. As Myles and Josie got love from Mom and Dad and Miss Stephanie I couldn't help but reflect on the love in the room. I pray that these kids recognize the love that surrounds them in their life. The love that surrounds them when hugged by any important person in their life. They've got Mom and Dad and grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles and cousins and they've got me and we all love them. I hope that they always feel that. I also pray that all children would know this love that these kids are blessed with because it is amazing how much love is in a room at a time and how immeasurable it truly is. Love in a room is so tangible, so amazing and so unphotographable in its entirety and essence.
An old, but priceless, poor quality camera phone picture during bedtime routine one night months and months and months ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment