Saturday, September 12, 2009

"...And know they love you." C.S.N.

I'd never seen Crosby, Stills and Nash in concert, the complete opposite of those that I accompanied tonight. I joined Megan and her parents, Gary and Claudia, for the concert at McMenamins Edgefield. They have seen the group in concert several times. When Megan first asked me if I'd like to join them, I had to ask what they sang. I have never, ever been good at pairing a song with a musician, or group. Once she told me some of their songs I did recognize them. I still did my "homework" and listened to as many songs of theirs as I could before going. I knew enough of the group to know that they had performed at Woodstock, little else from that point.

Once we got to the location and parked, we grabbed the chairs and off we went to get in line. A line that was hugely long. We walked, and walked, and walked some more. And then we found the end of the line...near where the beginning had been. Our walk was pretty though. It is very hilly in the area and we meandered through the hills, and through the people that were all in line already.

We got in and seated. The website had said not to bring cameras in, so I left mine at Megan's house. She decided to stow hers in a "secret pocket" in her backpack. I should have had her stick mine in there as well. You never know though. Her camera successfully took 3 pictures. One of her parents, one of the two of us and one of she and her parents. Then the battery died. We tried taking video/pictures with our cell phones...then my video couldn't be sent. Oh well. You live and learn. As soon as Megan emails the picture of us I will update this post to include it.
These pictures were taken with my cell phone. The one above was taken from the stage area. The one below is from were we were seated looking toward the stage.
The concert was enjoyable, the weather was beautiful, the venue was fun, and the company was great. I always enjoy spending time with Megan and her parents. They are wonderful people. Now I can say that I've seen Crosby, Stills and Nash in concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment