So, my long weekend is almost done. The time is dwindeling, quickly. Can I have the time back? Nope. I have had a combination of a good and not so good weekend. I was blessed with dear friend who visited from what seems like so far away, not really, but because of schedules, one hour seems like an eternity. I am blessed to have a dear cat who dealt with me as I combed her, bathed her in vinegar and dawn dishsoap (two times) and still curled up on my lap. I am blessed to remember that there are so many good things going on in the world, amid the bad, as I picked up a friend from the airport who had just come from a wedding. I am blessed to have an extra day this weekend so that when I returned from the airport run, with the previous day and a half consumed with fighting a battle in my own apartment, I could indeed curl up on my couch, with a hopefully flea free cat snuggling with me while I read the most amazing book, The Book Theif and drank my morning cup of tea. Highly recommended, both the tea and the book, and for that matter, curling up on the couch with a purring cat. This had been my intention for two of my three mornings...glad it worked out for one!
I am thankful for friends that let me reschedule a gathering so that I could deal with aforementioned fleas and even graciously giving me suggestions and recommendations based on real, previous experiences for her. I'm thankful for a very clean apartment. Every piece of furniture has been moved and vacuumed under/behind. Along with mopped hard surface floors, etc. Now I just need to put everything away. :) I am thankful for hot, running water, which leads to hot showers, and sunshine through the clouds, a cat chasing a clear bottle cap...looks like she is chasing nothing! I am blessed with a friend that made me dinner (I did do some of the chopping) when she is one week from becoming a new mother. And she doesn't even look like some of those pregnant women that are truly miserable in the couple of weeks before they are due.
I am thankful that when I went to get gas tonight on my way home I had gotten 32 mpg's! Go car! I am so thankful that when my weekend ends, as they all inevitably do, and I do go back to work tomorrow I have an outing to Timberline Lodge. A place I have never been and am super excited about going too! And of course sharing the experience with my participants, some of them have never been either! Let's get to it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment