Well, maybe 80 days, maybe a few more or a few less.
I was reflecting on the summer and early fall the other day. I realized that I've sort of "traveled the world" through the activities I have participated in. It has been great fun. I started out by heading to France and skipping stone while watching Amelia with Megan. Then we headed to South Africa and Mexico when we went to the Ladysmith Black Mambazo & Los Lobos concert at the Oregon Zoo. Headed to Japan with the Obonfest and then again with Liesl when the Portland Taiko group performed at the Rose Garden Amphitheater. That is an amazing group. Next up: India with the India Fest downtown. That is where I really decided I was born into the wrong culture. This way I suppose I get to enjoy lots of other cultures. Went to Italy at the Fiesta Italia. Enjoyed going to Ukraine and then the Polish Festival.
Not only did I go places via festivals and concerts, I also absorbed the 1905 Tsarist Russian era when Holly and I went to Fiddler on the Roof. Learned of the goings on for a young girl in Germany pre- and during WWII when I read The Book Thief. I went back in time with Holly, Mary and Brian when we went to the historic baseball game. I wonder what a trip into the future would have looked like?
I went from beach to mountain top, forest to plains, city to country, noise to solitude and have enjoyed the ride.
Next few stops: I believe it may be Greece at the Annual Greek Festival and Covered Bridges. I'm game!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment