Monday, October 5, 2009

Dear World: I was tired, thought I needed a break......I was right!

I think the title says it. I was tired and needed a break. And I didn't even realize until I took that break, how much I really did need it. Work has been crazy for like, the last year, at least. Nothing unusual with that, excpet that my co-worker missed a week of work because of a family medical issue, and I was covering part of the vacancy of another position. I figured I was doing 2.2 peoples work in 1 persons working time and day. I had previously taken today off, but also decided to take Friday off. ABSOLUTELY the BEST decision I've made in a few weeks, at least.
I did a lot of "relaxing," or I should say fun and not pressured things at a relaxing pace. I only had one thing scheduled for each day and then had a list of other things I'd like to do, but weren't essentials. Here is my "Things Accomplished List." (Yes, I do keep a list of things I've accomplished, it runs parallel to the to-do list. Anal, I know.)

I:
-did dishes (loaded dishwasher, ran it, emptied it, and did my other dishes by hand-yes, I was behind, slightly)
-washed my windows (inside and out, except 2 that I couldn't reach without killing myself if I would happen to fall)
-cleaned my bathroom (I've cleaned it recently, but I REALLY cleaned it, mirror and all)
-visited a friend, her husband and son, went shopping with said friend and saved her lots of money with Joann's coupons, love them! (Out shopping in the middle of a work day was an odd phenomenon)
-watched a movie loaned to me by another friend
-did laundry (3 loads I think) washed, dried, folded and put away
-cleaned off/swept my patio
-swiffered (wet and dry) and vacuumed floors
-cleaned my kitchen (again, I do this often, but this was a cleaning session where I moved EVERYTHING on the counters and cleaned under/behind everything)
-rearranged kitchen cupboards (who knew doing this could provide more room, well, okay...I did, just hadn't done it in a while)
-cleaned my room, finally put away all those clothes that have been piling up on the bench (yes, behind again)
-cleaned living room/dining room (this was EASY, all the mess was in my bedroom! :)
-decorated for my FAVORITE season
-hiked Mt Talbert (love this place) (also became accutely aware that I have been neglectful to my hips and the daily exercises required to keep them operating at optimal performance-ouch)
-went to the Greek Festival with a friend, saw a lamb being roasted over fire, saw dancers, didn't eat any of the food! because I really can't :( It smelled good though!
-watched another movie with aforementioned friend. Not sure I'd watch "W." again, but interesting to see. And post movie, good conversation with a little Portugese learning attempted, unfortunately, not retained
-bought a 2010 calendar (all Oregon scenes--I am excited to start writing something, anything in it-I do have a few things already that I can put in)
-toured covered bridges (Hooray!! See previous post for pictures/details)
-made dinner for a friend who is a new mom, delivered said dinner and spent time with new mom and baby. Held a sleeping baby, held a crying baby and oohhed and aahhed at him.
-put the fans away from the summer
-worked on fixing a clock...hope it stays fixed this time.
-went to a grocery store at least 4, maybe more times
-probably did a few other things, one would quite possibly be "bore my readers," but I'm fine with that....

All 4, yes FOUR, of my days off started the best way-sleeping in-waking up before the alarm went off though (which is peaceful), a cup or two of hot (well warm) tea to start the day and love from a four pawed, black beauty. And it was all at my own pace. A lot was accomplished and a soul rejuvenated! Do you need to take a day off?! I highly recommend it!

Above photo

No comments:

Post a Comment