Saturday, August 7, 2010

Festivals & Markets

I've never had a lot of experience with the Iranian culture. Today, I decided to change that. There was an Iranian Festival at the South Park blocks here in Portland. The draw of this festival was that the PSU Farmers Market is also occurring in the same area. I'd never been to either, so I decided to go to both. Why not?!

I hit up the farmers market first, as it closed first. The one question I asked myself over and over was, "Stephanie, why in the world have you never come to this market?" It was pretty impressive and I loved it. I vow that I will return. I will. I got an amazing gluten-free savory scone from New Cascadia Traditional Bakery. I saved it for later, and very much enjoyed it later.

Next, I made my way over to the Iranian Festival. There wasn't a whole lot going on.
But, there were some beautiful rugs....
...and some amazing pottery items...

...and of course, some Iranian food. That was delicious.

There were also some Iranian musicians that played beautiful music.
Overall, it was a grand day.

No comments:

Post a Comment