Thursday, August 19, 2010

What makes an excellent day at work?!

I'll show you:
~First, you have the two girls who planned an outing to the beach, with a handful of our old folks. And (here is the key) you leave work! (remember that little part about leaving work)
~Make sure you have a driver (so of course you can enjoy the ride rather than doing all the driving yourself).
~Then you take a day that had been forecasted to be full of the marine layer and no cloud parting until late afternoon. You surprise said girls who planned the outing, old folks who agreed to go on the outing and bus driver who scoped out a killer (outdoor) picnic location and then asks, "Do we have a Plan B?" in the Coast Range as her windshield wipers were going full blast; with this scene: BLUE skys. Warm sun. And just a touch of a coastal breeze. All from our killer picnic table location {which, by the way, I sincerely hope I can find again. It was perfect}!
~Here is where you eat and be merry with the old folks.
{I can't show this picture...confidentiality sake and all--just imagine it.}
~Then you let the girls get a little crazy, they jump up on the table for a quick picture before scurrying back to the bus. (After getting group and individual shots of the participants of course.) ~Then you take a picture of the bus at the beach. You've gotta get proof that you were there don't you?! {I did the same thing last year when we were at Timberline Lodge} ~Then you take the bus of old folks and head back to Portland. Of course, with the fresh air and fresh lunch in the bellies, afternoon naps must ensue. {I wish I could put participant nap pictures here, but alas you will just have to settle with Tera napping. I am cruel and always take a picture of whomever falls asleep in the bus. And, if anyone can catch me sleeping you are more than welcome to return the favor. Just for future reference.}
~You can't let a day meet the excellent standard without ice cream now can you? Never. So you must stop at Dairy Queen for a sweet treat.

~Finally, you return to work. And are greeted by fun artwork, left by jealous co-workers.

Ahhhhhhhhh, beach outing= Huge SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment