I decided to hike Cape Lookout State Park. When I arrived and parked, this Oregon Coast mist is what greeted me! I love it!
Sunday, August 1, 2010
A misty start in bear country!
I want to do an outing to the beach with some of my folks from work. I prefer to preview places I am going to take them (so I know what I am really getting myself into)! Therefore, I declared today, "day trip to the beach for preview purposes, and I'll hike as a bonus." Yes, it would be my first trip to the beach for the year...sad, I know.
I hiked the Cape Trail, from "You Are Here" to the end of the cape!
Old growth forest and trail in the mist.
Really?! Thankfully, I didn't have to raise my hands or hold my coat open!

I'm a big fan of fog and mist. It was so beautiful and peaceful.
Sweet tree!
Memorial that would have been easy to miss if I hadn't looked up at just the right time.
This remaining trunk was HUGE!
Proof that I was there.
Ocean views
The ocean and beach all socked in by fog and clouds.
This was one of the views from my lunching site.
This is another view.

These "bridges" over muddy areas proved to be VERY helpful, as long as you didn't slide across them. I didn't, but I could tell some had due to the skid marks they'd left.
On the hike back to the car.
View from road level .
I decided I couldn't be this close to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and not stop for some squeaky cheese and ice cream. That would just be wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment