Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lost Lake Love!

I love Lost Lake. I go at least once a year. I also dream about making it a family camping destination...with kiddos running around, with close friends and their kiddos running around. Evening campfires, roasting marshmallows, stargazing. Those are good dreams, eh?!

Anywho, my friend Linda had never been so I took a delightful day away from work and we went. Picnic in hand and ready to enjoy some sun, as Portland was socked in by clouds all day.

When we arrived this was our view of the mountain. It changed a lot in the time we were there.
 Us!

 Some fun growths on the trees...I loved the brilliant colors!


 These hanging limbs reminded me of something that I couldn't put my finger on...Linda got it---dreadlocks.
 Bigfoot!


 He's a nice Sasquatch!
 This was the view of the Mt Hood from our picnic table post hike and with a few more clouds swirling than when we had first arrived.
 On the other side of the lake we could see this unusual cloud moving down the hill almost like it was sliding into the lake. If you watched it you really could see it moving downward. As the light would change it changed from grey-ish white to a more bright white-almost blinding white actually. Below the first picture is the more bright white (as well as could be captured) and the second is the darker verison (again, as well as could be captured).

 More fun pictures. I love this mountain!



 Linda has become somewhat of a bird fan in the recent years so she was facinated by the birds. We tried capturing a few different birds in pictures, but they would move too fast. We did catch this one...it's a jay, but not just a plain old blue jay- I can't remember it's exact, correct name...she'd be disappointed. It is just flying away in this picture.
 And now it's got it's back to us, but at least is still.
We came back to a still cloudy Portland, but we were sunned, Vitamin D'ed, refreshed and ready for the rest of the week (or at least I was). Thanks for the lovely day and yummy food, Linda! We know how to do a picnic right!

No comments:

Post a Comment