I'm a lucky girl! Even though I don't have my own children, I do have special children in my life. Stasia and Dave's kiddos have a big piece of my heart. My Goddaughter, Josie has gotten to the age that I can "kidnap" her much like I've done with big brother Myles. I try to take Myles out for a special day twice a year. A summer adventure didn't work due to schedules so we resorted to early fall...once preschool was back in session...so I'd get to kidnap him for an afternoon. I asked Stasia if I could kidnap Josie for the morning and she was elated for a break and to only have one child with her on a shopping errand!
So...off Josie and I went for our grand adventure. She loves, loves fish so I took her to work to see the fish tank, which she loved and I couldn't pull her away from last time she was there with me. When we arrived she saw one of the buses and wanted to explore it. Driver Melissa asked if we wanted to go see some chickens. Josie enthusiastically shook her head yes. So we meandered down the street to a yard full of chickens...
Josie thought they were so fun.Melissa even showed us their favorite greens so we could feed the chickens...
Eyeing those "chickies."
Look at that smile!
Then we headed in to see the fish!
We didn't want to leave them and every so often the rest of the time we were there Josie would say "fishies" and take off down the hall to see them.
Eventually we did leave the fish tank area and played with a cat on a tablet that was fun and watched participant do some Wii bowling.
Then we went back into the 'business' part of the building to kill people with cuteness. Josie situated herself at one of the computers and had control of the mouse and even picked up the phone! So stinkin' cute.
Oh...this call is for you...
I'd had plans to take her to a park that has a pond and geese and ducks so we could feed them but she was having so much fun at work that by the time we needed to get home we were just leaving there. So...away we went to exchange kiddos with Momma. Josie was SO tired, but so resisted sleep. Her brother is the exact opposite...he'll fall asleep no problem.
When I got Josie home Myles was ready to go. Off we went leaving behind Mom and a very upset sister as she wanted to come on round two of adventure, but desperately needed a nap.
Stop number one was Burgerville for our traditional "grand adventure milkshake" that we have each time we go out. I also had lunch as Myles had eaten at home.
Then we went to Sauvie's Island for some fall fun. Corn Maize, Hay Pyramid, Animal Barn, Pumpkins.
Here we are at the corn maize entrance...looking excited!
He had a plan!
Cheese! Or, corn?!
He looks so grown up to me in this picture...
Corn and blue skies!
Curly silks....
He's 4!
Up the stairs of one of the bridges to survey how lost we were...
"That's a lot of corn Miss Stephanie!"
Taking a juice break and doing some more stragegic planning on the juice box turned corn maize map.
And, we made it to the end! Woohoo. It was touch and go there for a minute or two.
We then climbed the hay pyramid and celebrated that!
Look at him way up there!
Pumpkin face!
We also stopped of at the animal barn, freaked out a bit and quickly left and went into the market for a pumpkin. Myles also wanted to pick a pumpkin out for Josie, as well as a sucker for each of them. So thoughtful.
Once we had pumpkins and suckers in hand we stopped to take a quick "ride" on the tractor. Myles loved it.
Myles had heard about Josie's morning adventure and pleaded with me to go see the chickens and fishies that Josie saw. I figured, why not...so we went to see the fish, chickens and say a quick hello to people at work. Myles even sat with participants during Happy Hour and I continue to be impressed with how calm and open he is with older people. He'll go right up and shake their hands, sit next to them by himself, etc. It's good to see.
We also went to see the chickens and to feed them.
On the way home he crashed, unlike his sister who resisted. What a full day and I was so glad I got to spend it with these two special kiddos.
They really do leave fingerprints on the walls of my soul-how true.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment