Saturday, August 29, 2009

Festa Italiana

Italian-American Month is in Spetmeber, however, Portland likes to celebrate things early. That is fine by me. I like a celebration no matter when it is. I have spent a lot of time at Pioneer Courthouse Square this summer, seems to be where the action is. I headed down again today for Fest Italiana. I knew I'd be in for seeing some dancing, smelling some good food of which I couldn't eat much, but nonetheless, downtown I went. It wasn't as bustling of a place as it has been for some events, but I took a quick stroll around just to see what I would get to check out. I made my way over to the entertainment area and settled in to watch the Furlane Dance Group who were in from Vancouver B.C. There traditional folk dancing in their traditional dress was nice to see. Much more mellow than the bollywood dancing had been a few weeks earlier at the India Festival. Here are some pictures to enjoy:


After watching the dancers for I bit I decided I was going to head in to the "food court" area. As much as I would have loved to have some sausage and pasta, I behaved so I wouldn't get sick later and had a salad, not bad, but not pasta. I made a mental note I needed to make some form of a gluten free pasta dish at home. Because I ate salad I justified purchasing and eating all of the Hazelnut Gelato that they gave me and it was good.
I loved all the colors of tomatoes. This picture hardly does them justice, but there were mounds of them, all colors at all the food booths.

Sausage!

Happy Italian-American Month...and now for the gluten free Italian dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment