Saturday, August 22, 2009

Perfect Day/Oaks Park Stroll

I love days that start like today. I woke up to no alarm, that makes it perfect with just that component. The sun was shining, which is sort of new as it has been cloudy the past several mornings. I made my morning cup of tea, curled up in a blanket and sat on my balcony. Peace. Quiet. Cat sitting on my lap, between purr and sleep, and helping to keep me warm. I can never ask for a better morning than that.

After I was ready to venture into the day I decided I was going to go for a nice long stroll somewhere. That destination ended up being Oaks Park and Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge. I'd been to the park for an outing for work, but we hadn't gotten off the bus, let alone explore at all. This park is right near the river, so I headed that direction, walked as far north as I could, then turned back and got on the Springwater Corridor Trail, a trail that loops parts of Portland and is a total of 40 miles. I've walked a lot of it in different sections. I didn't actually venture into the Wildlife Refuge, but got a good view of it as I walked by. Here are some pictures from the stroll [you can click on any picture to enlarge it...actually works on all blogs...fyi :) ].

Natures version of a "diamond in the ruff".


You can see the city in the distance.

I love sweet peas.



This is the "bottom". The pinkish color is all the sweet peas blossoming.

There is an Osprey nest perched on one of the power poles.

The Osprey is in there...click to enlarge and see it!
After my walk I headed to Laurelhurst Park to hear the Providence Stage Band play '40's Big Band music. Whenever I've gone to a concert in the park this summer it reminds me of my childhood and walking up the street from the house and going to the concerts in the park by the Casper Municipal Band. Something I think I will always enjoy.
A good day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment