Monday, August 3, 2009

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Kahili Gibran

The title quote of this post was the quote of the day in my email box...how perfect. You see, I did just that today! Went to the beach and walked around barefoot in the sand, and the wind most definitely played with my hair by blowing it all around. What a wonderful day. Mary was in town for a variety of things, baby shower being one of them. When she first got to town Wednesday she mentioned that she may want to go to the beach, which was sort of happenstance because I had today off from work!! Woohoo! So we got up and headed to the beach. The weather was wonderful, especially after the heat wave Portland experienced last week. I actually got cold and wore long pants and ended up putting a sweater on. Refreshing!

Mary and I on the beach at Cannon Beach.

At Seaside

This is the Lucifer Crocosmia flower that I absolutely love! Someday this plant/flower will be a my yard!

Haystack Rock

Thanks for the mini-vacation to the beach Mary! Much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment