Wednesday, March 31, 2010

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

That is one of the most famous addresses in the world, and I found myself standing there today. Yes, it is the addresses of the residence and office of the President of the United States. The White House. I didn't go into the buidling, no, not this trip. But I still found it facinating. After seeing it in movies, pictures, press conferences, etc I was able to see it with my own two eyes. And, there is more...

My first DC experience besides walking to the Metro and riding it into DC was when I was walking along mostly minding my own business. All of I sudden I turned a corner and there were massive people standing on corners down the block. Police were everywhere. I figured something major was going on. Little did I know that I was only a block away from the White House.

Turns out that President Obama was on his way home. After planning on not seeing the President and talking some of my participants at work out of trying to convince me to see him I was going to. Shortly his motorcade made it down the street, quite briskly, I might add and they pulled into the driveway. There were probably 30 vehicles. All black. All dark windows. All cruising along. Obama rolled his window down and waved at the crowd. Then it was over as quickly as I stumbled upon it.

President Obama's motorcade


Front of the White House.


Me with White House behind me.

There were TONS of people. The weather was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment