I'm not a big reality show television watcher. That includes shows like American Idol, The Bachelor, and America's Got Talent. So when Megan asked me if I'd like to go to a taping for America's Got Talent which was happening here in Portland I thought, "that could be fun, even though it isn't in my norm" and agreed to go. There was a group of four of us from work who headed downtown for the evening. There were four tapings in two days. We went to the final taping. There was a strict policy of clothing and shoes that could be worn and things you couldn't take in (cameras and cell phones primarily).
When we got downtown and got parked we headed to the theater and stood in line. It moved rather quickly. Julie hadn't brought anything with her. Smart woman. Joanna, Megan and I had brought our cell phones. Megan had run back to the car to put hers back. Joanna and I thought we'd stealthly hide them. Then when we got to the door they were collecting electronics. I crossed my fingers that they wouldn't discover my phone as they were "wanding" me with one of those wands they use at airports and such. We made it in and settled in for quite a few hours of both good and bad acts.
Things I learned this evening:
~Even if the ticket information states that you have to wear black or dark colors and flat black shoes and you don't, they will probably still let you in.
~If it says no cell phones or cameras, they mean it.
~If you still brought your phone you can indeed discreetly hide it; in bras and in shoes works well. And a good place to use it (for texting) is in the bathroom stall.
~You've got to have a lot of energy for cheering.
~They really do film all the scenes in odd sequences, like the opening of the show half way through the night.
~It isn't a good idea to have 20 Chihuahua's on stage.
~You should count, for fun, how many times you stand up and sit down. I felt like I was sitting/standing through a Catholic or Lutheran church service. Up and down and up and down. And up and down some more.
I really enjoyed the evening out and the experience of watching a show being filmed for television. Even though I don't generally watch reality shows, I will be watching America's Got Talent this season, since I was in the audience and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment