Sunday, April 25, 2010

I love Portland

I decided to venture out into downtown Portland today. I love this city, especially on days like today. The sun was out (most of the time) and I felt to going somewhere. I decided to head down to Portland Saturday Market, yes on a Sunday. I took the Max Train across the river and enjoyed the views of the bridges spanning the Willamette.


I felt that I HAD to take the picture below. This sign has become somewhat controversial as of late. You see, the building it is on was purchased by a group that wants the sign to come down. The community revolted, as this is a Portland landmark. It may not be around forever, hence the need to take the picture.

Okay, now for my quirkiness...Portland hosts the "Smallest Park in the World," yes, right downtown. I have passed it may times and always wanted a picture. Today, I got it! Meet the Mill Ends Park, located in Portland on Naito Parkway at Taylor. Click HERE to read more about this adorable, and little known claim to fame that this small parcel has. Also, the picture below REALLY is the park, all of it, taken in the middle of the street. Love this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment