Friday, April 2, 2010

I think I am in love...

...with the US Botanic Garden and its current exhibit about Orchids, one of my favorite flowers. The US Botanic Garden is one of the oldest botanical gardens in North America. It was a dream had by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison in 1820. It is on the US Capitol Grounds and is where I spent my morning, before Josh joined me in DC for the afternoon.





These are a lot of the orchids I saw. They were in all shapes, sizes and colors. They were beautiful and I would take them all home with me if I could. Makes me want to try to keep an orchid alive sometime.




















The orchid cluster above was only the size of a quarter. Sort of reminds me of a hoya plant blossom.



The orchid behind me in the picture below was probably one of my favorites, if I really had to chose one. It is called the "Nun Orchid" and is the only name I remember from all of them.
Hope you enjoyed the beauty and uniqueness of these gorgeous flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment