I encountered this unusual tree...
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Burnt Bridge Creek
One of my goals for the summer was to hike whenever I could, wherever I could. I don't know that I'd qualify this as a hike, but friends most definitely agree that it is a hike, therefore, I suppose I will. There are so many wonderful trails and get-aways at hand here in and around this wonderful city. Today, I decided to venture across the river into Vancouver, WA. I was on a mission to try the Burnt Bridge Creek Trail, also apparently referred, in part anyhow, as the Ellen Davis Trail. It was a nice trail, but the beginning and end were filled with mosquitoes. I attribute this not only to the prolific amount of them in the area due to the wet, cool spring and early summer and then a big heat boom to hatch all those little buggies into horrid, flying, bloodsucking annoyances. Yes, I dislike them that much. Anyway...tangent aside, I enjoyed the "walk/hike" and will definitely visit the trail again and do a different segment of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment