Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Keep Portland Weird (and Wonderful)

I love Portland. I know, I know. I've said it before. You can most definitely quote me. For. sure.

I had the pleasure of a nice walk after work today with Emily, one of my friends that I know through work. She is amazing and has AMAZING energy. We walked and walked and talked and talked. Then we dined. It was amazing. Just appetizers and then DESSERT! It was pretty much amazing, pretty much heaven in my mouth. We were on Hawthorne and went to the Bridgeport Ale House. For dessert we shared, and didn't finish it mind you, this little number...
Arborio Rice Pudding with cream, grilled pineapple and toasted coconut. Like I said, heaven.in. my.mouth.
~
While we were eating we noticed a group of 3 guys across the street with arms full of lavender. They were going door-to-door, store-to-store, handing out this amazing smelling lavender. Only in Portland.
Emily wanted to head over to get some. I told her to go for it, dodging oncoming, rush hour traffic. She passed. I said that I hoped they would come across the street. Soon enough, they did! Sweet! So, we went out to gather our goods. It was seriously armfuls of lavender and it smelled amazing.
~
I tried, unsuccessfully to capture these good-deed-doers, but to no avail. Hence, the backside of one of them....with a much smaller arm full because they'd passed out so much already.

Emily showing off her lavender!

It was a grand evening. And, thankfully we walked back to our cars and walked off some of that amazing rice pudding, but we vowed to go back to devour more another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment