Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Just playing...

Most days I love my work, and some days I even love the meetings for my job. Today was a perfect example. Monthly, all of the Life Enrichment Coordinators (that is the P.C. term for an activity coordinator) from our various sites meet. Every other month we try to have an internal inservice that is brought to us by one of our peers. One of the sites has a Horticulture Therapist on staff and she did a presentation today. To make it more authentic, we met at the Portland Memory Garden, an AMAZING garden in SE Portland that is meant to address the needs of those living with memory disorders and their loved ones. I take many of my participants on outings to this garden, and all love it. There are raised beds, lots of different flowers, plants, trees, etc. I even go on my own frequently. After our inservice I decided to stay and "play" with my camera. I have a sort of borderline addiction to taking photos, as amateur as I may be. Below are the results:







One of my favorites, along with the one below that is similar.

Rarely, I title my work, I don't feel I am "professional" enough for that. However, I decree that the one above shall be called "Juicy Fruit!"




Second favorite!

Bzzzzzzz........



I wish I could bottle the smell of Jasmine! Love it. Someday, I hope to have it outside of a window so I can smell it whenever I am near that window!

1 comment:

  1. OK, first of all, YAY! I'm finally reading your blog. Second, AMAZING pictures! Third, I'm very impressed, your blog page is so pretty. Fourth, what a cool meeting at the memory garden, fun! Fifth, I know this comment is late at night and that's because I am still sick and I can't sleep because of my coughing, yuck! But I went to the doctor this morning and have some medicine so I should be getting better soon. Sixth, this was the first and only blog I have read so far so I'm going to stop commenting and continue looking at your page. Later!

    ReplyDelete