Saturday, December 12, 2009

Merry TubaChristmas

~Did you know: that there is a type of tuba that has a main tube that is 18 feet long? It's true.
~Did you know: tubas can be made to set in a players lap or to be wrapped to surround the body for marching? It's true.
~Did you know: in my naivety I only recognized the body surrounding tubas as tubas? It's true.

Now, I know better.

I had never been to Pioneer Courthouse Square for the Merry TubaChristmas, so I decided to head downtown for it this year. There were 300 tubas and the director is 91 years old. Impressive.

I was planning on staying downtown from when the tuba concert finished until another concert I wanted to go to started. Alas, I didn't have the energy to stay downtown for 4+ hours between the end of one concert and the beginning of another. Next year.

I have a video that doesn't want to load right now, I'll try later. For now, enjoy this picture of a unique tuba that was set-up right near me. And yes, it was an outdoor concert and it started raining (maybe that is why my cold flared up?! Stupid idea. Enjoyable nonetheless).

The "Did you know:" from above (besides the one about my naivety) was courtesy of Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment