Saturday, December 26, 2009

White Wyoming Christmas

Opposite of Mr. Crosby's dream of a white Christmas, I HAVE ONE! And, truthfully, I am dreaming of a green Christmas. If it hadn't been for the incredibly difficult drive from Denver to Casper, I may be more inclined to appreciate the snow of my hometown today.

I spent Christmas Day flying from from PDX to DIA and then as a passenger in a car that went very slowly from Denver to home. Thank goodness I wasn't the one driving. I was enough of a nervous Nelly just being a passenger. Because of winging/driving on Christmas Day my family decided to wait until the 26th to celebrate. My most immediate family however, opened gifts last night, on Christmas day (night). It was a great time, mellow, which was nice.
This was the view from the front seat of my Dad's car on Interstate 25 between Denver and Casper. This was the "good" part of the drive, before seeing a jack-knifed semi and roll over that we saw the aftermath of.
Waking up today I saw that the snow had continued to fall through the night and was still coming down.
Above: This was the buried grill in my Mom's backyard.

Below: My hand next to the snow built up on the retaining wall surrounding the backyard.
Some snow on the table:
Yes, you are seeing it correctly. Almost 14 inches. Plus, it was really cold...single digits.
I shoveled. I can't remember the last time I shoveled. Heaven forbid, I should forget. I will spare you those pictures as I was most definitely still in my pajamas, bundled up of course. You could only tell by looking at my pajama pants, which fit the occassion- light blue with snow flakes on them! :)

Above: view looking south on the street.
Below: The view out the front window of the house.

I am finishing this post on the 27th and this was the same view out of the same picture window as the picture above.
MERRY CHRISTMAS from Wyoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment