The last couple of years I have discovered that I have developed a bit of my own holiday season tradition. The day after Thanksgiving I sleep in! Yes, no Black Friday shopping for me. I get up, make tea, hang out and I start my Christmas cards. I get them all addressed that day. The following week at work we take our participants to the Providence sponsored Festival of Trees. It is quite the outing, backed and support by a majority of staff who come to assist. Generally, all of the staff and participants enjoy their time and it gets people into the holiday mood. Usually the next day (Saturday) I am motivated enough after seeing all the pretty trees to get my own.This year Megan accompanied me to find my perfect tree. I believe it was a successful journey. After looking at a lot of trees I decided on the one that looked just right for the year. You can see it below. It is not the final product, as it has yet to be decorated, but the most important part is done: it is up and has lights on it. Really, truly, I would be okay with a tree with just lights on it. Maybe I will try it out that way this year?! Who knows! My grandpa used to put all the lights on his tree and let it sit that way for a few days and sit in the dark looking at the lights. My mom inheritated that practice from her dad and I've also inheritated it. Let's sit back and enjoy the lights.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment