Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fleecy Goodness and 2-year old burritos

I have said this before, maybe not in this venue, but I think two-year olds are adorable. Especially a cute one who goes by Nora and is one of my neighbors. We have developed a bit of a bond and she is so excited whenever she sees me (except that one time when it was dark and she didn't recognize me-she still said hi and waved though). She is also the only toddler I have met that can say my name, correctly, while yelling it and running up a flight of stairs. Impressive. I'm not sure I can do that! :)

Anyway, I decided that I would give her a Christmas gift this year. After much debating and idea assistance from my mom, I decided on a gift of a fleece blanket. One that required cutting and tying, and cutting and tying, and when I thought I was done-more cutting and tying. I made a total of 3 (one for little Nora and one for each of my twin cousins-who don't read this blog, so I am not ruining any gift giving experiences). Those 3 took me 6 hours. But it gave me time to have a quiet, movie watching day at home. A much needed day.

I decided this evening was the time to deliver it, along with a small gift for the whole family. Nora was in the bath when I arrived and couldn't wait to get out to come see me. Makes my heart melt, especially when I got her hug. I told her I brought her something and I wanted her to open it. She got situated to open it and dug in. This will be a fun Christmas for Beth and Jorge with her excitement about opening presents. She absolutely LOVED her blanket. I made the mistake (not really) of telling her she could lay down and wrap up in it and be a "Nora burrito" and so she kept wanting to be a burrito. Too stinkin' cute. I forgot my camera, but got a couple of pictures with my cell phone, which means they aren't the greatest quality. Enjoy!
Ezme thought she needed to help. A lot of help she was...hmmm...
The one above was the beginning stages of Nora's. The one below was the finished product for one of my cousins. They all got washed after Ezme quality tested them. And approved of them all, I might add.

Below are the poor quality pictures of the "Nora burrito."
Don't smile...whatever you do, do not smile.
She looked so serious, whenever I took a picture. The rest of the time she was smiling, laughing, bouncing. Oh, the energy of a 2-year old. I truly enjoyed my first gift giving opportunity of the season! Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment