Sunday, June 13, 2010

The bane of my existence...

...at least for the weekend, and probably into the early week.

Yes, the culprit was this machine. Well, not this exact machine, but its twin. And the machine itself was not the bane of my existence, but what it means and implies, does. I've wanted to clean my carpets for a while now, but really, winter in Oregon is not the time to soak your carpets. So, I've been putting it off. And I can find almost any excuse to give as to why, especially now that I've done it.
I picked up the machine Friday after work and home I went to start. I tackled the living room and dining room first. Then I crashed. To bed I went, in a room that was full of bedroom furniture, along with much of the smaller furniture from my bedroom...then I got up Saturday and moved all the furniture, living room and bedroom furniture (minus the bed) into the living room and dining room so I could tackle the bedroom floors.

My apartment was crazy, as evidence by the photos below...


I dreaded cleaning this off before I could go to bed Saturday night.
Ezme loved her new little cave, which is now dismantled...
Interspersed with disassembling, carpet cleaning, and the attempt at reassembling my apartment I went on a "hike" with Megan at Tryon Creek State Park and enjoyed the sounds of birds, water, conversation and quiet.
Then we whisked away to Rocky Butte, a grand location for views, especially on such a clear day!
Mt St Helens with I-205 bridge
Because it was SO amazingly clear, we could see the peak of Mt Jefferson. A rare view from Portland.
And, of course, the ever-glorious Mt Hood.
In addition to the carpet cleaning, like I said, came the reassembling of the apartment. Interspersed with that was a quick jaunt downtown to meet up with Janelle to see the flowers at Pioneer Courthouse Square, on another gorgeous day!
When all is said and done (which it isn't yet) I will be much more comfortable sitting on my floors knowing full well that all that dirt is no longer in there, but also would have enjoyed not doing it in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment