When I go into the Gorge I enjoy taking the old highway. I love to wind along the Sandy River, through the small towns, and along the waterfalls. I shortly made it to the trailhead, got parked and headed out on my adventure for the day.
Friday, June 18, 2010
View from the Top ~ Angel's Rest
I took today off. It was a great idea. A smart idea, really. I slept in. I took my time in the morning. After being awake for 19 hours yesterday, it was glorious. Truly. After I spent a substantial time being unproductive, I got ready to head out for a hike. I'd been debating where to go all morning. After going back and forth, I settled on Angel's Rest. A hike in the gorge that I've wanted to do since I'd purchased this book. I pulled everything together and out the door I went.
When I go into the Gorge I enjoy taking the old highway. I love to wind along the Sandy River, through the small towns, and along the waterfalls. I shortly made it to the trailhead, got parked and headed out on my adventure for the day.
The trails, trees and a rare glimpse of some blue sky!

More flowers...
Rock formations and MORE blue sky.
Look closely, click on the picture if you need too--check out the people way up there!
Heading out to the edge.
From top to bottom: Some blue sky and clouds, WA state, Columbia River (with barge), evergreen trees, my feet and rocks!
Some pretty cool rock formations.
Me with the west end of the Gorge behind me.
With the east behind me.
It is a long way down! A REALLY long way.
I found this adorable heart shaped rock on the rocks. It needed a picture taken of it, it also needed to come home with me.
This is the rock slide area of the trail. It was nice to sit on a rock, in the sun, enjoy my dried blueberries and walnuts and the peacefulness of the area.
More rocks.
You can see I-84 WAY down there.
The waterfall on the way.
Besides my hip being thoroughly upset with me at the midway up point (which I'm working on remedying) it was a good hike, with great views. I could have stayed up there for hours. Alas, the hike down, incoming clouds, and drive back home were beckoning me from the panoramic vista. I can now check off one more hike in my book!
When I go into the Gorge I enjoy taking the old highway. I love to wind along the Sandy River, through the small towns, and along the waterfalls. I shortly made it to the trailhead, got parked and headed out on my adventure for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment