Saturday, June 12, 2010

My love...

My love is feet dangling over the porch swing edge...my love is creaking floorboards during lantern-lit parties...my love is birds singing, and dog-eared books...my love is freedom to spill your lemonade on a hot day...My love is an invitation to shout at the wind, an opportunity to feel the stars...My love is mud-tracked and weathered and offers only the comfort of hearts resting...Perhaps my love lacks convention, but surely and easily, my love offers the pure and simple perfection, found only, out here, on the porch.
~Author Unknown
When I was in Southern Oregon I picked up a card with this saying. I fell in love with the sentiment, as I love just sitting on a porch, balcony, etc. It is a peaceful refuge for me; one where I can escape with a good book, or my computer to write, to sit and enjoy the rain pouring down, all while I stay dry; a place perfect for dinner on a summer evening or hot tea on a brisk cool morning. A porch is definitely a component necessary of whatever future home I will have.

Photo courtesy: http://homepage.mac.com/rmansfield/thislamp/files/page0_blog_entry209_1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment