So, the story goes...there was a Good in the 'Hood parade in N/NE Portland a little while back and Amanda, my Co-chair for our Diversity Committee at work and I, had decided that we needed to "bribe" fellow staff to come and represent our site. Amanda had thought it would be fun to buy 2 tickets to concert in the
Oregon Zoo Summer Concert Series as a bribe, so we did it! After the parade at work we did the drawing for the tickets and I won! Who would have thought? I rarely win anything, but I won tickets to the
Ladysmith Black Mambazo concert at the Oregon Zoo. The concert was last night and Megan went with me. Thank you Megan for joining me in the hot summer sun for the concert! The group was an
a capella group from South Africa and they were enjoyable. There was also another group after them, Los
Lobos, which was also a good group to listen too.
Ladysmith Black
Mambazo
The venue was an outdoor
amphitheater at the zoo and it was packed. People arrive early and lay out blankets, set up chairs, etc to enjoy the concert. We (along with everyone else in attendance) were sitting in the sun (temp about 95 degrees at the time). Shortly the sun went down behind some trees and a building and made the environment much more comfortable.


Megan and me at the concert.

I can't make a trip to the zoo without seeing the elephants. When I first went over they were all inside. Megan went back later and they were out and swaying to the music. I went back to see and it was so much fun to watch! I have video, but my computer doesn't approve of uploading it, so a picture will have to do for now.
Happy beginning to a busy weekend! I can't believe it is past the middle of July already. How time flies!
No comments:
Post a Comment