Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

Ahhh....one of the famous lines from one of my favorite movies. Courtesy of Pioneer Courthouse Square and their summer "Flicks on the Bricks" series I was able to see Dirty Dancing on the big screen last night. I knew that the movie was being shown, but after the last week and still not catching up on lost sleep from the previous weekend, I anticipated not going. After coming home and taking a nice nap though, I decided, spur of the moment (the way I make some of my most favorite decisions) to head downtown for the movie. I got a super sweet parking spot, and with blanket and water in tote, headed to the square. I loved the buzz and energy that "Portland's Living Room" had with all the people, the music and the wonderful weather on tap for the evening. I settled in and watched and enjoyed. Mental note: go back again for another movie this summer!
The big screen with the courthouse in the distance.

Lots of people in the square!

The next movies are Jurrasic Park and Anchorman...not really my thing, but the last movie is voters' choice and I am hoping for Sixteen Candles, Footloose, or even Ghostbusters....I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment