Monday, July 20, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend (Part 2) Sand in the City

Every year there is an event called Sand in the City in Downtown Portland at Pioneer Courthouse Square. They bring in like 4,500 pounds of sand and 450 galloons of water and groups build sand sculptures. The last time I went was a couple of years ago, so I thought I'd head down this year again. Because Mary was staying with me she joined me!
Me and Bigfoot!

Mary and I, I'm not so good at the holding the camera and taking a picture with myself in it, but it isn't too bad.

Dog getting a bath-the sand version. I like the rubber ducky! You can even see the water running down the side of the tub and bubbles.
Ducky!
The event was smaller this year than in the past, but it was still nice to go. On the way back on the Max we stopped for lunch and Mary's earrings at Saturday Market! Then off and running again!

No comments:

Post a Comment