So, as you see by the title this was a whirlwind weekend. The first .5 was Friday night with the concert at the zoo, which you read about in a previous post. The part 1.5 was post-concert. My friend Mary, whom I went to college with and is currently staying with her parents in central Washington came down for the weekend to look at potential living situations for this coming school year when she comes back to the area for her job. She arrived at my apartment before I got home. Once I got home we stayed up and talked until the wee hours of the morning, which, for Mary isn't unusual, for me, on the other hand it is VERY unusual. We got up the next day and went to breakfast/brunch/lunch. We went to Old Wives' Tales, a good choice for us because she is vegetarian and I am gluten free. I got the best sandwich and it was so nice to actually order a sandwich at a resturant! After that we came back to my place and I had some down time while Mary ran some errands! Woohoo! Later in the evening a group of us met up at the Historic Reserve in Vancouver for an old fashioned 1860's baseball game. We picnicked on veggies, hummus, crackers (regular and gluten free), fruit, cheese, and salami....yummmmm and watched the game! They followed the rules of baseball as they were in 1860- no gloves, wood bats, ringing a bell when you got to home plate, etc. The sunn was right on us, but there was a lovely breeze. A great evening enjoying a great American past-time! Here are some photos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Brian, Holly's husband had fun playing with my camera!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment