Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Mom, it's hot...."

That is what Ezme would be saying right now if she could speak the English language. Her version is more like... "meee..." without getting the "...ooowww" out. Portland is HOT right now. Downtown temps read 107 today, 103 yesterday, and it looks like the end is not in sight, at least not in the 10 day forecast that has been provided. Yes, we will experience a "cool down" by Sunday, to an oh so cool 90-95 degrees. After this, that sounds like heaven. I cracked and bought an air conditioner today and I already thank God for making one available. When I arrived home today the reading was 103 in my nice hot apartment that is trying to impersonate an oven. As I was setting the AC up in my room I was dripping...and I don't drip. Ezme hung out on the ice pack, which was room temp (normal room temp, not current apartment room temp) within 15 minutes. I felt for her. I have the luxury of working all day in air conditioned building and then coming home to melt. She is home to melt all day. My room is already becoming more bearable, but in the meantime, I wanted to share Ezme's thoughts on the heat.
"Can you turn down the heat?"
A sentiment borrowed from Linda's cats (a friend from work).

The blue thing poking out from under her chin-yea, that is the ice pack.
If anyone has cooler weather to send, we'd appreciate it! Mom already said she'd try, but thought that if she could box up cooler weather it would be warm but the time it got here...bummer...

No comments:

Post a Comment