Today was the Annual "Good in the Neighborhood" parade in N/NE Portland. Providence is a huge sponsor for the Festival and always has a large group walk in the parade. Last year was the first year my schedule had allowed me to participate and it was blazing hot (85 degrees when I was on my way to the parade route). This year as one of the Diversity Committee co-chairs for our Laurelhurst site I was there again. It was SO much cooler than last year which was very welcome. We threw lots of candy and unfortunately we always run out before the end. We have said each year that next year we need to remember to get more candy, and each year we do, but as the parade grows larger we still run out. Both years that I have attended I've needed to leave right after the parade is over due to other commitments, but there is lots of music, food, and fun had by all at the festival. Some year I'll get to stick around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment