Yesterday was a full day. Brunch and Crafty Wonderland with Cindy. I always enjoy my time with Cindy. And then Friday night Holly had called to see if I wanted to join her and Isaiah for a Living Nativity. I said yes, as I have fond memories of seeing a Living Nativity at home in Wyoming when I was growing up. Little did I know that the church that does this (a Seventh Day Adventist Church in Kelso WA) is serious about their Living Nativity. The parking lot was full and they had tickets for groups. When we arrived our group ticket was 39 and they were currently on group 11 or something. We thought we had a long wait coming. Thankfully little boys like visiting the restroom and just mosey-ing. And having a snack. We then were able to go into the sanctuary for live entertainment from area groups and the church worship band and before we knew it (almost) we were making our way to the door to be heard through the Living Nativity. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. Camel and all...
Isaiah is right in the middle of the picture...short with a red shirt and I think he looks so grown up in this picture. He was ringing his bells (aka Mom's keys) for the Jingle Bell song.
Forgive the dark pictures...we couldn't use flash at all...
If you look on the left of this picture you can see the head and neck of a real camel. Living and breathing and SO soft and gentle. There were lots of other animals, too. This was the most impressive. Where do you get a camel?! I was unaware of the ability to rent one...
Into the town of Bethlehem...it was a happening place and a bit overwhelming if you don't expect it.
Some sheep....
Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus.
Now that I've had this experience, I most definitely need to do it again since I now know what I'm in for. It was an enjoyable night out. I always enjoy spending time with friends and the kiddos of friends.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment