Every year for the past six I have taken participants from work to Providence's Festival of Trees. Three of those years I organized getting all seven of our sites to the event. Big undertaking. This year we gracefully bowed out of the event due to the implementation of a new medical record and the undertaking that has been with trainings, extra staff meetings, extra work--period. It's been an adventure. Since I didn't spend all day and all my energy there this year, I decided that I would go down to see the trees. I rarely see the trees as I am busy managing buses, drivers, volunteers, participants, loading and unloading buses, and all else involved in getting fragile seniors (easily 60+ of them from all over the Portland metro area) to a single destination. Oy. It makes me tired to think about it.
Anywho, this year I was on the other side of things. I was a spectator. It was nice, but different. These trees are crazy and are auctioned off for the benefit of many Providence departments....so, without further adieu...the trees...(some of them anyway)....
The top hat topping this tree intrigued me.
I enjoyed this quilt.
The pictures below are of the Hospice tree. I liked it as it was the most tastefully decorated tree (in my opinion and of my decorating preference). Also, since I am a hospice volunteer I really appreciated it. African themed...
So, next year....on this side again or back to the other side?! We shall see!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment