Tuesday, December 4, 2012

All Lit Up

Concordia, my Alma mater has grown. A lot. They have new buildings on campus, more students and more staff, and apparently Christmas trees and Christmas tree lightings. I got one of the many flyers that I get from CU announcing the Choir and music ensembles Christmas concert and in smaller print it announced the 3rd annual tree lighting. If you know me, you know I love Christmas trees and the lights. I love the glowing beacon that they seem to be in this, the darkest time of the year. They make my heart happy. I once said that if I could go to every Christmas tree lighting-big or small- in the area I would be a very happy girl. So, that being said, I couldn't pass up a stroll through my old campus and a tree lighting. At first the evening looked as though it would be drier than the Pioneer Courthouse Square tree lighting. It shaped up to be just as wet by the end of it.

Here's the tree pre-lighting. During this time I also got all caught up with one of my old profs, who it was great to see.

And, now it is all lit up.

They choir did a sing-along. They stood in the rain. Poor choir. It was REALLY wet. Most of their programs disintegrated in the wetness. They were troopers though.

So pretty. The OCD side of me would need to do something about that dark gap in the tree just above midway down on the right side...Yes, now that you see it you'd do something about it, also. Right?! It's not just me....But still very pretty!
Thanks, CU. And, keep growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment