Tuesday, December 25, 2012

"Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say,

On a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day,
That's the island greeting that we send to you
From the land where palm trees sway,
Here we know that Christmas will be green and bright,
The sun to shine by day and all the stars at night,
Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way ,
To say "Merry Christmas to you."

I also like this one...


Christmas Day in Hawaii Nei
Louis R. Kauakahi

Clear blue skies, pristine seas,
Swaying palms in the tropical breeze
On Christmas Day in Hawai'i Nei.
...
Children's faces all aglow,
Liquid sunshine in place of snow,
On Christmas Day in Hawai'i Nei.

        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

What a beautiful Christmas morning view...


We weren't doing Christmas gifts this year as our trip was our gift collectively. We did however, have an impromptu "card exchange" with a few small "Santa" aka Mom gifts. Here we are Christmas morning...the classic pj's on and no hair combed Christmas morning picture...


Christmas morning fruit spread...

My uncle and brother had set a noon tee time on the Kona Country Club golf course that our condo was on...off they go...
 Mom, Dad and I headed over to the pool while they were golfing. This is the view looking back at the condos from one of the pools...
 Ah, the sun is amazing...
 Merry Christmas!!

View from the pool. I believe that's the 12th hole. Our condo overlooked the 10th hole and the fairway for the 17th hole (I think...).



I tried to ease into the water...I finally gave up and just jumped in...

What a rough way to spend Christmas Day. I could do this again. In fact, I could do this every day.

Our condo lanai is the one right in the middle with the towel hanging over the railing. The loft of the condo is where the windows are above the lanai, also.

Josh putting...
 Uncle Ron putting...

The golfing guys...


It had started to sprinkle about a half hour before they finished, so Mom and I hopped in the car and went to get them so they wouldn't need to walk back in the sprinkle. Not that they would have minded, but it also gave us a chance to see up close an Angel Trumpet flower (which I've seen up close many times, but Mom hadn't) and they are cool flowers.





Golf course map....

The guys coming out. Success on getting in a game on a Hawaii golf course.

After the guys got done we headed to the Royal Kona Resort for the Luau I'd made reservations for as our Christmas dinner/entertainment. It was still rainy. 




















After standing in line for a while and getting wet Josh and Uncle Ron went and got some rain ponchos...it was a laughable adventure to get them on. They kept sticking to us since we were already wet. People around us in line were even laughing with us.

Once we got to the front of the line we had the opportunity to bump our reservations to the next day since it was raining and since I hadn't paid yet. We opted (even though Uncle Ron would be leaving before the Luau) to postpone it to the next night. But, we couldn't escape without a group picture with the camera being propped somewhere in the car-Josh's creative doing.

Candid accident picture! 
 We diverted to another restaurant for Christmas dinner. It was nice for those of us that wanted a traditional Christmas dinner. They had ham and turkey and all the fixings. I had Island Chicken-it was good. I also ate the inside of a Macadamia Nut Pie. Oh.My.Goodness. Can I please have some more. I am not a pecan pie fan, but that is the closest resemblance that I can say it was like. It tasted amazing. Amazing I tell you. I'm looking up a recipe as I type this...for future reference.

When we got home I had to take a picture...Christmas day, 7pm, 70 degrees and it had been raining. Delightful.


Uncle Ron was king of the loft.



Overall, I'd say it was a successful Christmas. And laughter is always a good thing. As well is the hot tub on Christmas night.

No comments:

Post a Comment